Reader James dropped this as a comment a few days back. We thought that this was an amazing observation and is worthy of a post – ed.
Some interesting history trivia regarding Mohanlal’s career:
I think the turning point year in his career was 1986. That’s when he was shifted upwards to super stardom. It is unbelievable when one looks at the releases of his films during that one year.
- Ninnishtam Ennishtam (Director: Priyadarshan)
- Mazha Peyyunnu Maddalam Kottunnu (Director: Priyadarshan)
- Hello My Dear Wrong Number (Director: Priyadarshan)
- Thalavattam (Director: Priyadarshan)
- Sanmanassullavarku Samadhanam (Director: Sathyan Anthikad)
- T. P. Balagopalan M.A. (Director: Sathyan Anthikad)
- Gandhinagar 2nd Street (Director: Sathyan Anthikad)
- Kariyilakkattupole (Director: Padmarajan)
- Desatanakkili Karayarilla (Director: Padmarajan)
- Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal (Director: Padmarajan)
- Rajavinte Makan (Director: Thampi Kannanthanam)
- Sughamo Devi (Director: Venu Nagavally)
- Yuvajanolsavam (Director: Sreekumaran Thambi)
- Mizhineerpookkal (Director: Kamal)
- Panchagni (Director: Hariharan)
- Abhayam Thedi (dir. IV Sasi)
He was lucky to be there at the right time. He got the best screenplays and directors.
I don’t think any actors from the next generation would have such a luck. Though Fahad Fazil seems to be on fire.