With Kerala state awards results coming after the announcement of National Film awards, the jury didn’t end up with egg on their face. They validated most of the National award results. Just to demonstrate independence they didn’t give the photography awards to Madhu Ambat. We think, had the the state awards been announced earlier than National awards, the results would have been different.
Like after any other awards, the aftermath is ugly. We have loser on winner violence, public on jury violence, South India vs Bollywood violence etc. This time there is Renjith on Salim Kumar violence and Renjith on JP Dutta violence. Worst, Renjith equated National Award Jury chairman to JP Dutta to Khandahar’s director.
Though we don’t like the Govt getting involved in awards, we are thankful for them for providing sufficient material for a few articles.
Below is the full list of awards:
- Best Actor: Salim Kumar(Adaminte Makan Abu)
- Best Actress: Kavya Madhavan(Gadhama)
- Best Movie: Adaminte Makan Abu
- Best Director: Shyama Prasad(Electra)
- Best Script writer: Salim Ahmed(Adaminte Makan Abu)
- Second best movie: Makara Manju(Director: Lenin Rajendran)
- Second Best Actor: Biju Menon (TD Dasan Standard VI B)
- Second Best Actor: Mamta Mohandas (Katha Thudarunnu)
- Special award: ThalaiVasal Vijay (Yuga Purushan), Vipin Vijay(Chitra Soothram), Premlal(Athma Katha)
- Popular Movie: Pranchiyettan and the Saint(Director: Renjith)
- Best Singer(Male): Hariharan(Pattinte Palazhi)
- Best Singer(Female): Rajalakshmi (Janakan)
- Best Classical Singer: Balamularikrishna ( Gramam)
- Music Director: M.Jayachandran(Karayilekkoru Kadal Dooram)
- Lyricist: Rafeeq Ahmed(Sadgamaya) (Rafeeq got last year’s award too for Sufi Paranja Katha)
- Best Background score: Isacc Thomas Kottakapally ( Adaminte Makan Abu , Veetilikulla Vazhi )
- Cinematography: MJ Radhakrishan ( Veetilekulla Vazhy ) , Shahnad Jalal (Chitra sutham )
- Best Comedian: Suraj Venjaramoodu(Oru Naal Varum)(This is the second consecutive time he is winning, though the right category for him should be Most Irritating Artiste)
- Best Debut in Direction: Mohan Raghavan(TD Dasan Standard VI B)
- Best Editor: Sobin K Soman ( Pakarnattam )
- Best Child artist: Krishna Padmakumar ( Janaki ))
- Best Makeup: Pattanam Rasheed (Yugupurushan)
- Best Dance Director: Madhu Gopinath ( Makaramanju)
- Best Dubbing Artist: Praveena ( Electra) , Rizabava ( Karamyogi )
- Best Lab: Prasad Color Lab
- Best Cinema related Essay: Sujith Kumar (Nostalgia Nirmikunnathu), Dr.Biju (Kollaruthu Samvidayakare )
Do these awards reflect true feelings of the viewer? What are the notable omissions? We’d love to hear you opinion on this.