- January 24,2009: Casanova Pooja held in Bangalore. A lavish party and celebration by producers – Confident Group. Billed as costliest Malalyalam movie ever with Rs. 10 crores to burn(Pazhassi Raja was in production then).
- Arya is fascinated by the script, Arya in Casanova.
- Roshan Andrews wants the film to be shot in Vienna.
- Sagar Alias Jacky bombs, Confident group loses confidence in the project.
- September, 2009 – Project revived. Vysakh Pictures is the new producer.
- Meanwhile Roshan Andrews tours foreign lands for finding suitable locale for the movie.
- Producers association tightens the noose around big budget movies.
- Antony Perumbavoor pooh poohs that and says Mohanlal gets what Mohanlal wants.
- Between various poojas, parties and foreign location hunts, 3.5 Crore would have gotten over by now.
- Roshan’s Vienna dreams shelved, settles for Dubai as location.
- Dec 2009 – Sameera Reddy in, fans buoyed. To add spice there is Roma and Lakshmi Rai.
- Dec 2009 – Arya out, Ganesh Venkatraman in.
- Meanwhile Mohanlal prepares himself to become Casanova
- January 2010 – Producer Vysakha pictures abandons the project.
- Now Antony Perumbavoor owns this baby, shooting postponed indefinitely.
- Very traumatic for fans, had it been Tamilnadu, thousands would have self immolated.
We are planning to write a script for a malayalam movie based on the above series of events. We are sure that it will be a sub 3.5 crore movie as we need only a bunch of guest actors as people walk in and out. No, we don’t plan to include Roshan’s foreign trips in the script.
PS: Do not think for a moment that we are in a Mohanlal bashing spree. Dileep and Suresh Gopi’s movies are bombing in monotonous regularity. Prithvi continues the cycle of – falls, gets up, falls . Mammootty acts in 4 good movies and 4 bad movies every year. Mohanlal and Producers are the only ones bowling full tosses.